Monday 28 September 2009

End of Summer

Aah Good Morning, and it is a reasonably good morning, for a Monday. I'm full of plans and good intentions.


Yesterday I took a trip to Weston Super Mare, trying to visit the Mythical Beast Sweet Shoppe which my friend Camilla is running, but unfortunately we arrived just as it was closing so spent the afternoon wandering aimlessly, eating chips on the seafront and having cups of tea and icecream in cliffside cafes. By the time we walked back across the beach the sun was already going down which seemed suddenly so early after long days of Summer, Mike said afterwards that the trip had seemed like saying goodbye to the Summer, and it really did, walking back from the station in the dark, wrapped up in a coat, seemed very Autumnal.


Also recently I've been sewing sewing sewing, lots of boring alterations to revitalise my winter wardrobe, and also practicing following patterns in preparation for my next venture into dress making. Over the weekend I made my lovely friend Polly this apron (modelled by me, George made me do the daft 'beside sewing machine' pose!) which I'm really chuffed with, I've been planning to make her one for ages and it turned out even better than I hoped. It's from the book 'Weekend Sewing' which so far I'd recommend, it's got loads of patterns in and this one was very easy to follow.

As for the plans and good intentions, they're both small day-to-day plans and potential Big Brave sort of plans, which I've been mulling over for a while and am finally starting to put into action. I made the first small step last week and it's given me an appetite for Making Things Happen. More about the small plans later.

Happy Start of Autumn, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment