Thursday 25 March 2010

Little and often...

Hello, it's been a long time since I wrote here! I am full of good plans and intentions, but things tend to go awry.... And then it makes it a bit hard to pick things up again as my blogging plans are always "little and often" but instead I try and write a mega catch up post and then get fed up and can't be bothered. I think I'll pick up as I mean to go on, with the here and now...

Spring is almost here! And I for one am super excited, the clocks change this weekend and I CANNOT BLOODY WAIT. It feels a long time coming, I've absolutely loved the 'Proper Winter' we've had this year, but now I am ready for light evenings and breakfasts in the sun and cherry blossom and not nearly so many layers of clothing.


That's what I'm talking about! Crazy to think that was this time last year. George is convinced Spring will burst into action any day now and "it's going to be technicolour". Well I'm poised and ready....

But just the slightly longer days and lighter mornings have made me motivated to get started doing things again. Life seems sharply divided between weeks and weekends, weeks are an endurance battle in a job I hate, but that just makes me try extra hard to have nice weekends and they really have been recently, like little happy bubbles of plans and creativity! I'm going to try and post more about the things I've been cooking, making and reading and the things I plan to cook, make and read, but in keeping with my little and often plan I'm going to wind things up now to encourage me to come back again soon. Here's a little taster of recent weekend activity.


Clockwise from top left: 1. patchwork in progress, 2. marinating tofu, 3. veggie BLT (treat! yum), 4. homebaked linseed and oat loaf, 5. baking cake, 6. plans and intentions, 7. Spring bed linen, 8. Bradford On Avon in the rain, 9. Amazing owl lamp in a pub, 9. Patches, 10. Sewing station, 11. tidy kitchen window, 12. Happy Chocolate Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment